Sunday, December 19, 2010

Here goes nothing...

So getting home is going to be nothing short of a task and a half. First of all the weather in London is horrible. All of my friends that left Thursday night and Friday and had a layover in London are stuck there until at least Tuesday. No flights getting in or out for a while and because their flight got cancelled they were sent to the bottom of the list to get rebooked. So let’s all hope and pray my flight doesn’t get cancelled!

What’s hilarious to me though is how I’m going to look going through this process. Let me just build you a visual… so I’m five feet two inches tall and roughly 110-115 pounds. On the contrary, my bags are ginormous and heavy. I have one rolling duffle that is probably 40 pounds, a big rolling suitcase that is at least 50 pounds, a…. special bag that is at least 50 pounds and a huge shoulder bag that is guaranteed to break my back. So about this “special bag”… everyone knows the material of reusable grocery bags, right? The plastic like material they may or may not keep out moisture. Well picture that, just plaid and on a bunch of small, poorly made wheels. As my friends have referred it to as “the plaid garbage bag” (FML). So I bought it with the intension of attaching it to my suitcase and he would just follow like a well behaved little brother to Louie; however, this mishap of a brother walks like he’s wasted. You pull him one way and he follows for one step, turns directions and proceeds to fall over. Can everyone picture this cause I’m given up hope of having a classy trip and accepted I’m going to look like the most ridiculous traveler that Cyprus, London and Seattle has ever seen.

So long story short, if anyone reading this sees a girl trying to push one suitcase, pull another while picking up my plaid garbage can of a suitcase without dropping my shoulder bag, please give a girl a hand and keep the laughter to a minimum. I can’t stop laughing, I have no other choice. It’s going to be ciaos and I might as well embrace it.

Cheeeers! Let’s hope my 38 hours of travel doesn’t turn into any longer than it already is and that all four bags get home without any…. Serious issues :D

XOXO
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment