Friday, December 10, 2010

10 days and counting...

Hello everyone! It's raining in Cyprus! I can't believe it, it’s starting to get chilly (and by chilly I mean, window open in my room and it’s still 71 degrees?) and it feels like, I almost said fall, but I guess I mean winter. REGARDLESS, it's almost Christmas and the Greeks in the south know how to celebrate! Our school has a huge tree inside, the grocery store has huge Santa’s both inside and out and the streets are covered in lights, nativity scenes and trees. It’s lovely :)

Yesterday, I went to downtown Nicosia to finish up my work for my photography project and I had the best time. I got take out lunch, sat on a curb and simply watched people come and go in passing. As a treat, a few people even made small talk with me and the little boy behind the glass window making games with me completely made my day.

After visiting both the North and the South it was time to catch the bus back home. However, it would not be a proper day out in Cyprus if something wasn't a little dysfunctional! Bus station was completely torn up and I was sent around from place to place looking for my bus and after about 30 minutes of this I gave up and went home in a taxi. My night was really nice too. Hung out with some friends and then watched The Holiday with my roommate.

I don't know what has gotten into Cyprus within the last week but so many little things have gone right and the people have been wonderful... I even think the checkout lady at the grocery store likes me! OH! Even better, it’s supposed to snow tomorrow up on Troodos Mt and we have our school trip up there tomorrow! I'm so excited and happy. Happy I'm enjoying these last few days and happy home is just around the corner.

To top it off, this morning I had art history from 9-12 and it was the best class ever. She lectured about India and explained a lot of history and theory about Buddhism. If that wasn't interesting enough we tested each other’s energy fields. It’s hard to explain on here but we tested the differences when you lie, when your thoughts change, and when the people around you have positive thoughts. Please ask me about this sometime because it really had an effect on me. It's always been said to keep positive and good people around you, but let me tell you, I've never believed it so much!

I hope you have a wonderful day, thanks for taking the time to read this. Love and miss you all.... just 10 more days until I depart!

XOXO,
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment