Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I think I figured out my my photo situation...

So I'm at school right now and had to sit through part of the intro to the darkroom... Not exactly my cup of tea. After much frustration, I finally got a min to talk to the professor and figure out my schedule. The other students are printing their film today because an outlab processed their film, but I have to take up the entire lab to hand process my film, which means I have to process when no one is here. Basically I'm going to work digitally today and tomorrow and then after our 6 day backpacking trip I'll come back and be REAL BUSY! I'll have to go through all the digital classes and do my own work, while still finding time to process my sheet film. It should be interesting but at least it's more or less figured out.

Off the topic, last night was so much fun! One of the girls turned 21 and we had a little in-hostel party night. We watched a movie while working in our sketchbooks earlier in the evening. Then some of my friends started a game of Kings Cup and off we went. Two of my roommates and I watched the game with a few others but it was such a good time. We finally got to know each other really well, questionably too well. ;)

The other thing is I haven't said much about my hostel. We're the only people in the place, one long hallway with many rooms ranging from 2-4 beds, a boys and a girls bathroom with 4 showers, 2 sinks, and two toilets each. We also have a kitchen, dining room and a common room. The kitchen has about 12 gas burners (mom you need this!), two ovens, a microwave and everything else you might need. The place is pretty cold with only one heater to heat EVERYTHING (including the rooms) but that heater makes the common room the place to be!

Another side note... I'm not allowed to buy Tim-Tams anymore. These might be the most delicious, incredible, amazing, mind-blowing desserts I've ever had. I ate an entire box on my own! They are little cookies candy magical things. If I can fit any in my suitcase, I will!

Alright until next time!
XOXO from your little Aussie :)

2 comments:

  1. I forgot what they're called but you need to try Tim Tams in hot chocolate. The things melt and its so friggin great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!! Tim Tams are freaking delicious!! You HAVE to try a Tim Tam Slam! My cousin's Aussie friend introduced them to me!

    ReplyDelete