Wednesday, July 14, 2010

For a few special people ;)

We had a great photography lecture yesterday and for my art friends who are following this I have some work you should look up. (wrote it in my journal and put your names next to each person, awhhh) First of all, mom I almost laughed out loud when he came up on the slides, guess whoooo! bud-in-skiii! Edward Burtynsky had done a good amount of work in Australia. Jason, you need to look up Murray Fredericks SALT film. Go to, http://www.saltdoco.com/movie-info/timelapse-photography.htm - I loved it! Matthew (Trowbridge) Martin Parr did a series a lot like your documentary project a few years ago with the tourist. He's asking a lot of questions like why do we have to take a picture of us at a place to prove we were there, whats the purpose ect, while depicting these people in not the most flattering way. Mr Carlos! Look up Mathieu Bernard-Reymond. He's a Swiss/French artist and does some amazing digital manipulation. He finds and creates beautiful white, silver and grey tones that are just stunning. One of our professors (Kristian Haggblom) is friend with Bernard-Reymond and told us about a few frames in complete detail. I hope you enjoy them.

Some other great artists to look up are Ricky Maynard, Petrina Hicks, Polixeni Papapetrou, David Stephenson (look up his star trails) and Siri Hayes. Also Tomoki Imai's work is pretty interesting and slightly funny. He went into Tokyo Disney with a toy camera and made landscapes/scenes that looked like real places outside of Disney. I could keep going and I have more names and info if anyone is interested. Hope you enjoy!

OXOX
Kayla

1 comment:

  1. My artist!!! I can just see you holding your laugh in.. You taught me well

    ReplyDelete