Thursday, August 5, 2010

Sorry Mom, I’m not coming home… ever.

From now on I will reside in Cairns, Australia. Anyone want to join me?

I’m currently sitting on my own personal porch overlooking the lagoon and beachside through the palm trees while listening to live music in the park after a hot shower. I don’t think it gets any better than this.

Tiffany and I got to our hostel today around 1pm. It’s located right in the heart of everything, obviously with a view. We must have some good karma right now because out of at least 75 rooms we have the ONLY room with a balcony. It was has little chairs and it’s just perfect. The road were on is the closest to the waterfront and its lined with shops, diners, cafes, and anything else you might need.

There is a lagoon (pool) right by us as well. It doesn’t even take two minutes to walk there and we can see it from our deck. The pool is big and seems to attract people of all ages. The grassy areas and the boardwalk that runs into the pool have the same type of atmosphere. I love it.

We ate at a small café today after checking out some of the city, or rather the town. After lunch we grabbed a jacket as the sun was setting and then walked the boardwalk. I enjoyed all the puppies and little kids along the way, to no surprise (Jason!). Mackenzie there was a puppy just like yours! I HAD to pet him, made me miss yours though! We even sat and watched people learn how to flip on a trapeze. And that’s where I’m at, just winding down on a beautiful evening.

Tomorrow is an early morning starting with our snorkel and dive outing! 7:30am we check in and at hour later we set to sea! I’ll obviously write more after the adventure.

Something pretty awesome is free dinner every night! Because we’re staying at this hostel we get a voucher for a local pub! We’re guessing it’s the same every night but if not we’ve already found two pubs that have a ten dollar deal – a dinner AND a drink (beer, wine or spirits) and for all you skeptics, they even list your dinner options and they sound delicious! More details on that too I’m sure!

Whoever is sending good karma my way, you’re must be doing something right! However, please send a little more my way. I’m fighting a cold and could really use the help! I’m kind of nervous how snorkeling and diving is going to go when I cough every few minutes, but I’m convinced I will get better!

Until next time,
XOXO Miss Kayla Dawn

1 comment:

  1. I want to join! haha I actually saw a baby in Target today with tight curly blonde hair and blue eyes with a huge grin on her face as her had pushed her around, you would've been all giddy

    ReplyDelete