Saturday, August 7, 2010

Bondi Beach Baby!

Made it safely to Bondi Beach today!

Yesterday I got a nice little tan hanging out at the lagoon for a few hours. We saw our Irish friends and a few other familiar faces and just enjoyed being in Cairns. Beautiful weather, beautiful people, fun shops and a lot to see.

In the evening we took a sunset cruise.... let's just say I thought it would be like my Key West cruise and we got quite the laugh boarding. Any guesses? ...everyone was.... older? haha we laughed pretty hard because it's not what we expected at all, but if thats the worst thing that happens to us during this trip I think we're doing pretty darn good. Regardless we enjoyed the 90 minute ride during sunset, especially because it went the other way than our reef tour.

We stopped back at the hostel to find my friend Nick waiting for us. He is a friend from school here, originally from the LA area. All three of us went out for dinner (free!), ice cream and did some wonderful people watching ;) overall, it was a great night but made for an early morning.

4:30am it was off to the airport. Our flight from Cairns to Sydney was international which ended up being on my side cause my bag that is now 8 pounds over got a heavy tag for free, just showed her my other international flights! Nick was on the same flight so we all made our way there together.

After 9458683 minutes on the city bus we finally got to Bondi and can I just say we did a wonderful job picking hostels, step out the front door and hello Bondi beach! We're the closest we could possibly be! So, we spend the day on the beach, walking around and window shopping. Again, such a beautiful place. I wish I could be here in the summer but some people still had the heart to go surfing!

Tomorrow it's off to Sydney... my time is winding down in Australia and it's sad!

Hope all is well in the states as always :)

Love,
-Kayla

1 comment:

  1. 9458683 mins=157,644 hours=6,568 days= 17 years...I don't think you were on the city bus that long haha

    ReplyDelete