Monday, August 2, 2010

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! Playing with all sorts of Australian animals


Hey everyone! Tiffany and I made it safely to Adelaide! Left Melbourne at 3am but we were ready to hit the streets by 8am in Adelaide. I love this new hostel, finally had a hot shower... like a real hot shower where I felt warm! AAHH. Louie was kind of an issue today but we managed.

I can't write much tonight because I spent all my time uploading pictures and not writing. Basically long story short, we spent our day at Mount Lofty. It was the most beautiful place I've been in awhile. We looked over all of Adelaide, including the green hillsides, the city and the water. I could have stayed there all day but we had animals to makes friends with! See pictures below... oh and thank you Cleland Wildlife Park! YEY!


So bucket list #24, make friends with a kangaroo. I think I got it covered. We danced, rubbed our armpits, made funny faces... you know, all those normal friend things ;)







Giving the joey a little push into Mum's pouch!



The baby kept trying and trying but I think he was a bit too big!



Tiffany with her Swamp Wallaby!



I was feeding my Swamp Wallaby and Tif was like he's about to kiss you! I look down at him and we were literally nose to nose, startled both of us! I couldn't stop laughing as tears ran down my face



Ok the one below this was supposed to post first but it didn't. Basically I went over to this group of roos and that one standing up wasn't sure about the situation. So I put up my boxing hands and got a little closer and all of a sudden he growled/yelled at me! (Mom and Boyd, sound like anything else I've ever done?) I got scared and ran the other way laughing!






This was the first Kangaroo I fed, as you can see by my huge grin!


Koala Sign!



Kangaroo sign with my class t-shirt on!




Sorry there isn't more info but I need some sleep! Another fun filled day tomorrow! Today was probably my favorite day so far. I've missed my Tiffany and I haven't laughed this much in awhile... let alone hugged, cuddled and played with Kangaroos, Wallabies or Koala's before! This wildlife park let you walk around with all the animals and feed most of them (G will need to do this one day!). It was amazing!

Goodnight until next time,
Kayla and Louie

3 comments:

  1. Great pics and I love reading about your adventures!! So proud of you! Continue having a great time and living life to the fullest. And yes, I'm sure G would LOVE to feed the Kangaroos, Wallabies and Koala's! See you in a few weeks.
    Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures... Sounds like an American Geese tale!! hahahaha. I can just see it! You guys have a blast! Just "Living the Dream"

    ReplyDelete
  3. the photo where the roo is chompin on your hair is probably the best thing I have seen in terms of faces, most ridiculous thing I've ever seen as far as facial expressions and body contortioning goes LOL

    ReplyDelete