Sunday, October 24, 2010

You'll never guess what I just did...



Here goes the story!!! So basically when I was kicked back on Friday reading on the beach, I read that a couple from New Zealand had a paragliding stand in Kyrenia... the city I was going to visit Sat-Sun. So we finally got to the harbor Saturday afternoon around 12:30pm and walking to the hostel I just happened to see their stand (it was destiny I tell you) and I couldn't help but to walk in...

An hour later I had my tennis shoes on and I was on my way to run off the mountain side in style.



I asked the group I was with, 6 others, if anyone was game to go and sure enough one other friend was up for it. So, we hopped in the little van that could barely make it up the mountains, drove by the a Turkish army camp, past a huge castle built into the cliff side, around a few bends and we found our cliff side, I mean our runway!
It was hilarious, we went to the back of the van, put on his suit/gear in a matter of 1.5mins, came out and gave me my suit, said “I see you’re not nervous!”, told me to run until he said stop on the count of three….. 1, 2, 3! And that was it! 2500ft above the water and I was flying… from parking to take off it was probably 8-10 minutes. I love it.


So if you didn’t know my first trip paragliding was when I turned 18 and I fell in love and since then I’ve wanted to go again. I’ve been waiting for the perfect opportunity to go and I knew I had found it; I’m 21, on the north side of an island in the Mediterranean on a beautiful sunny day with a group of wonderful friends… Perfection

: )


Enjoy the slide show, let me know if you have any troubles viewing it. Also you can click the "Viewer" link and click through the pictures.

1 comment:

  1. I went skydiving in July and can't tell you how much I want to do it again! Paragliding sounds like it's just as much fun and you're so lucky to have done it in the middle of the Mediterranean!

    ReplyDelete