Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Guess where I'm off to next! Deutschland wird die Liebe Kayla Dawn

Hello everyone! Thanks for following my blog, I'll keep it updated until December, 2010. It's time again for me to leave... this time to Europe!

After I got back to Australia and New Zealand it was pretty tough on me. I couldn't get caught up on sleep and getting used to be in the US was difficult as silly as that seems. But 4 days later I got on a plane and went to AZ with my mom and it was awesome. I spent the weekend in Tucson and enjoyed seeing as many friends as possible. I definitely felt different being in Tucson after my travels and nothing had seemed to change, yet I felt so different. Coming back this spring will be real interesting. I then headed back up to Scottsdale for some R&R with my family and even some old college friends. After a few days back in the northwest I'm now ready to head to Europe.

First I travel to Frankfurt, Germany via flights from Seattle to London to Frankfurt. Kristen, a friend from as far back as I can remember, will pick me up Friday afternoon and we'll explore and make our way to her home in Heidelberg, Germany. She has some wonderful plans for me while I'm there including a day trip to Koln, time downtown and some night time fun. I'm so excited to see Kristen and see as much as Germany as possible. I'll have Friday-Tue morning there and then both of us are going to London!

Once in London we'll take a tube to my friend Hyesung's flat that is close to downtown. I met Hyesung at school in Australia and I can't wait to meet up with her again! I also have plans to meet up with a fellow UA Alum! She graduated with her Bachelor of Fine Arts and is starting grad school in London this semester. While in London I want to go to a lot of different art galleries; Tate Modern and Tate Britain, the National Gallery and the Natural History Museum if time and money are still available. I'd also like to check out the London Eye, Buckingham Palace, Tower of London, St. Paul's Cathedral and anything else I can get to. As you can see I have a lot of plans for my short 2 1/2 day visit.

On Thursday the 9th I will finally make it to my home in Cyprus!!! I honestly can not wait to be there and have a home!

To break down my program: I study at The University of Nicosia in Cyprus. I will be staying in an apartment with 4-6 other girls just outside of campus (details to come later on). I will get checked in and the next week we take 10 days to travel. I will go to Greece (Athens- 3 days total), Italy (Rome, Florence & Venice- 5 days), and Spain (Barcelona- 2 days). Also worked into my semester in Cyprus we will take weekend trips to Troodos, Ayia Napa, Larnaca, Limassol and Paphos, popular beaches around the island of Cyprus. I also hope to have classes only Mon-Wed or Mon-Thurs (depending on what classes are available) so I can do some independent travel.

Wish me luck and keep in touch! I'll have skype, email and hopefully facebook... I'd love to hear from everyone at home (wa & az). Also send me your address if you like a special something in the mail!

Ich bin dann mal in Deutschland sehen! Wünscht mir Glück und gutes Trinken!
Ich liebe dich alle :)

No comments:

Post a Comment