Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving & Prayers, Please

Well if this isn't just the strangest Thanksgiving I've ever had. Woke up this morning, ran errands and then ate left over pizza. Now I have to throw a few more things in my bag and it's off to the airport I go... to fly to Egypt. Is it just me or is this one weird *ss Thanksgiving?

I miss my family and it sucks I couldn't skype them, they're busy busy though, can't blame them, still Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in AZ! Dad Happy Thanksgiving, I haven't heard from you but hopefully you have been getting your postcards I've been sending. Steph, Kevin and G, please tell me you're frying a turkey on the beach or something epic of sorts. Boyd I hope you're not freezing up in WA in the snow and speaking of snow and cold, Nicole, wish you were here! I hope you got the chance to cook yourself and turkey or get together with friends. Love and miss ya sister. To my friends in WA & AZ I expect you're with loved ones, friends or family, and I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Now about this Egypt thing, I can't be back in the states with family so I might as well be with my other family, Miss Tiffany. This girl has been through thick and thin with me, we've traveled to Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand and many other places together, not to mention I went to her place in Italy and she came to Cyprus, so you know what, today I'm off to see family and I couldn't be happier. It's not the first thanksgiving we've had together, but for some reason I don't think this year we'll be getting close to almost burning down the apartment baking apple pie, hehe. Okay so I don't get Turkey, I'll live. Instead I hope I get food to sustain my body and hopefully not make me sick (not drinking the water!).

I'm thankful for all my loving family and friends. I've got family all over the United States supporting me and sending words of advice and warmth. I have friends literally all over the world and although some of you don't celebrate thanksgiving I wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you! I'm thankful for everything I've got to see and experience this year.... Australia, North America, Europe, Asia & Africa; not too shabby for a 21 year old, single girl from a little suburb in Washington. I hope I'm making you proud and I love you all.

My last wish is for everyone to pray for my friend Liz here in Cyprus. Last Friday she fell into a fire on the northern tip of the island and she is currently suffering from 2nd degree burns over a large portion of her body. After multiple hospitals she is settled at a nearby hospital in the south near our apartments. She is confined to a small room in a foreign hospital without family. We've done a great job visiting her, but as her release date keeps getting pushed back it's extremely hard for her to bare. We all pitched in and got her an internet stick so she can skype her family on Thanksgiving, one small thing that I hope makes a big difference. Please pray for Liz and quick recovery, this has been nothing but difficult for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment